Homemade Garlic Knots
Items you will need:
1. 3 cups of flour
2. 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
3. Scant ¼ tsp instant dry yeast
4. 1 ¼ cup of cool water
5. 1 container of our garlic and herb butter
1. In a large bowl with an airtight lid mix your flour, salt and yeast (I prefer to use a whisk for this)
2. Switch utensils and grab a wooden spoon. Slowly pour in the water and gently mix with the handle part of the wooden spoon, only long enough to completely incorporate the flour, do not over mix!
3. Cover the bowl and let sit in your microwave for 20 to 24 hours, this is essential! The dough will double in volume and look goopy with bubbles throughout.
4. After you have waited 20 to 24 hours next, scrape your dough onto a well-floured surface. Divide up your dough up into a suitable amount needed for your event. ( one whole dough ball will make roughly 12 garlic knots)
5. Once divided up, place your well-floured dough back into a large airtight container and this time let it rest in your refrigerator for another 24 hours.
6. Finally, it’s time to cook! Take the dough out of the refrigeration 1 hour before cooking
7. Cut the dough into roughly 12-inch sections and tie a knot in the very middle of each section.
8. Place on a pizza stone or a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
9. Place into a 400 degrees oven for 12-14 minutes
10. Take garlic knots out of the oven and immediately coat each knot heavily with our garlic and herb butter.
11. Let cool, serve, and enjoy!