Lemon and herb roasted chicken
Items you will need:
1. 1 container of our lemon and herb butter
2. 1 container of our tarragon and shallots butter
3. 1 whole chicken 4 pounds
4. 1 White onion
5. 2 whole garlic bulbs
6. 2 Rosemary sprig
7. Olive oil
8. 1 container of our rosemary and herb binder
9. Additional lemons (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 430 degrees, wash and dry your chicken very well.
2. Line a baking sheet tray with foil and grease well or use a roasting pan.
3. Gently with a sharp knife cut the skin away from the bird, (starting at the neck cavity).
4. Take ½ the container of our tarragon and shallots butter, softened at room temperature and stuff underneath the skin in the pocket you just created. You will want to make sure you’re working the butter down to insure it is as evenly distributed under the skin as possible.
5. In a large bowl add 1 TBS of olive oil, 4 TBS of our lemon and herb butter (softened at room temperature) and ¼ cup of our rosemary and herb binder.
6. Mix well and coat the entire outside of the chicken, be sure to get underneath the wings!
7. Take your chopped white onion, 2 rosemary sprigs, 2 whole garlic bubs (with the tops cut off) an additional lemon cut in half if desired and stuff inside the large cavity of the bird.
8. Tie the legs together with kitchen string.
9. Roast chicken roughly 1 hour and 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165-degree F
10. Once your chicken comes out of the oven, baste the top one more time with our lemon and herb butter.
11. This might be the single most important step, let the cooked bird rest for 15 minutes before cutting!