Roasted garlic and Parmigiano Reggiano smashed potatoes
Items you will need:
1. 1 container of our Garlic and Herb Butter
2. 1 24oz bag of baby red potatoes
3. 1 block of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (you can use substitute for grated parmesan cheese if desired.)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and fill a large pot with water (make sure you generously salt the water)
2. Wash your potatoes and then boil them until you are able to easily puncture them with a fork ( roughly 20 minutes or so).
3. When potatoes are done boiling, strain and place 1 inch apart on a well-greased cookie sheet or you can choose to line the cookie sheet with parchment paper instead.
4. Find a flat bottom cup and while the potatoes are still warm, gently apply pressure to them until the slightly break and take on a flatter appearance. (Please be careful not to burn yourself, potatoes will be very hot)
5. Once you have smashed all the potatoes take a basting brush and very generously bush our garlic and herb butter over each potato.
6. Bake the well buttered potatoes for 25 minutes or until desired crispness
7. When potatoes are finished baking, carefully place on a serving tray
8. While the potatoes are still hot on the serving tray, brush them one more time with our garlic and herb butter and then finish with some fresh graded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
9. Serve and enjoy!